Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Week 5 - Days 1-3 (Monday-Wednesday)

This weekend I attended worship at Vangard Chapel here on base. It was good to see so many young soldiers in one place worshiping the Lord. It was a really good service with good worship and a good message.

The new Chief of Chaplain came to visit the school this week. General Carver was a great encouragement and seems to be a true man of God.
Most of our class time this week has been taught by Chaplains Palmer and Crisp. We are now getting into the meat of what it means to be a chaplain. I find myself hanging on every word because what they have to teach now so directly relates to my days and years that lie ahead

I feel sometimes as though I have jumped into a lake with shores in site. I can swim well, but what direction do I swim in. The challenges are great and many, but I keep swimming. I imagine with time, the things I am learning now will become old hat, but for now I struggle on.

Today is the Fourth of July and our class had the day off. We had a family BBQ this morning from 10am until 2pm. It was a great time of fellowship. There are fireworks going on outside right now, but without my family here, they don't mean all that much to me. I sure do miss them.

Thanks for your emails and encouraging messages.

Happy 4th of July!
God bless you, and God Bless this great nation!

No comments: