Friday, March 2, 2007

Greetings from Florida


Happy Birthday Joshua!!!!


Today is my son's fifth birthday and unfortunately I can't be there. For those of you who know Josh, he is a bundle of joy, excitement, energy, Inquisitiveness , and passion all wrapped up in one little body. I miss him today along with all the rest of the family.

Over the course of the month, my family will celebrate three other birthdays. John Mark will turn three on March 10th, Daniel will turn ten on March 13th, and My birthday in on the 23rd. We love March. It is one long party.


I arrived in Florida yesterday after two days in Jamaica and another in Atlanta with a friend who was my roommate during my freshman year of college. It has been good to see my parents and my grandmother. God has been good to all of them. As most of you know, I am here to assist my dad who is dealing with cancer. This picture of him was taken last night. I appreciate your prayers as God continues to work in his life. I would tell you some funny stories about him here but I know he will read this and then I will be in real trouble. As I sit here writing this, he is at the hospital receiving his fourth Chemo treatment. Earlier this morning he went for his radiation treatment which he receives five times a week. He is beginning to become discouraged become discouraged because of all the discomfort he is experiencing. Please pray that Jehovah Ralpha (God the healer) would fill him with grace and peace as he faces the greatest challenges of his life. God is so good.

2 comments:

Alan & Beth McManus said...

Even in this age of "over blogging" (are we there aleady?!?) I still want to tell you thanks for taking the time to write your updates, especially during this time of transition and changes and trials. Your time with your dad is so precious to you and to him and your mom too. Keep up the posts while you can, I'm sure after your assignment in GA you will not have time to do many if any. Praying for you and all of your family.

Chaplain Mark Olson said...

Alsi, thanks for the note and for your prayers. It is good to know that there are people like you who purposely pray.

Thank You