Friday, March 9, 2007

The Power Of Technology

I am feeling a little home sick today after having been away from home for two weeks. As I began to dwell on the fact that come June, I will be away from my family for three months, and after Chaplain Basic Officer Leadership School, I will more than likely face at least a year away from those I love the most. But as I thought about that, I was reminded that Technology has so radically altered what it means to be separated. It wasn't too many years ago that to be separated meant to have almost no communication except by mail. But now, to be separated is really only a physical absence because the advent of the Internet and cell phones has made the globe a smaller place. Over the last two weeks, my wife and I have talked at least twice a day, and have shared pictures with each other from our days activity.

Here are five of my children in the van at the grocery store yesterday. The sixth child is taking the picture with the cell phone.


My wife sent me this picture this morning so that we could share breakfast together.

I guess it isn't so bad after all! But I sure can't wait to get back home and squeeze my babies again.

1 comment:

Ken said...

CH Mark,
God bless you man. This is some kind of ride we have been on hasn't it? I will keep you in my prayers and I appreciate yours for me and my family. See you in June! HOOAH!

CH Ken