Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Look To The Future

As my family and I look to the future, we are faced with many questions. One of those questions concerns the selling of our home. There are several factors we have been considering in making this decision. One of those possible factors we have examined carefully concerns the time line for possible deployment. One thing I do not want to do is move my family to Texas and then immediately leave them for a year or longer. Recently I was told that the likelihood of being deployed immediately after graduation from Chaplain school is extremely high. So, with that in mind we have decided to keep our home in Tennessee at least until after Chaplain school and probably for much longer. Please pray for my family as we look at the possibility of facing at least fifteen months separated. We are however excited about all that God is doing in our lives and we are overwhelmed by His goodness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CH Mark,
I understand your feelings of not wanting to move your family to Texas if you're not going to be there. Upon contacting the Instillation Chaplain's Office and inquiring about my unit, I was also told when they were slated for deployment. You might want to do the same. Just wanted to let you know. Hope all is going well.

Alan & Beth McManus said...

Appreciate your blog and I check it regularly...praying for all of you regularly too. Keep trusting in the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Dear CH Olson, how are you? I found your blog thru others. I am so encouraged and glad that I get to share my prayers with other faithful pastors. I am also doing my best to take care of my family while I am vacant for 3 months. I will pray that your family may find peace and comfort thru the working of our Lord. Please pray for our family as well. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from others. My prayers are with your family. I also need your prayer for me to prep my family in my absence.

Look forward to seeing you in school.

Anonymous said...

hey Mr.Mark. it is chelsea. i hope that you had a safe trip home. Kadean emailed me yesterday! I thought that was pretty cool. please stay in touch and email me at xchelseawoodx@yahoo.com Love You Mr. Mark!!