Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Army Update Update

I am learning about the importance of being flexible in the Army. Today I called the Brigade Chaplain to reconfirm my assignment and to check on deployment dates. After a long pause and a few words of preparation, I was asked if I like to fly, and was then informed that I was no longer being assigned to the 2-20th of the Fires Brigade, but instead being assigned to the 3rd battalion, 4th Aviation Unit of the Combat Aviation Brigade, 4th ID. The number one reason for this change has to do with the fact the the 2-20th Field Artillery is being deployed before I even graduate and so the Army wisely decided to move me to a unit that I would have the opportunity to get to know first before being deployed.

What this means for me, is that I will no longer be deploying in September, but instead will be moving my family to Texas to take up residence. This is good news in so many ways, but a let down as well as we had already begun to prepare for a long separation and had planned to keep the family in Tennessee. I have been told however that my new unit will be redeployed by Summer 2008.


Be in prayer for our family as we now readjust to this new direction and begin to make plans for the move to Texas. Pray also that we will be even more prepared to be flexible to the needs of the Army.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of aviation, friend. Let's just hope and pray you keep that spot and not get shifted somewhere else.

Chaplain Mark Olson said...

Fs, thanks for the welcome to aviation. I am really excited about this asignment and hope that I will have the opportunity to keep it. I still have five months until I begin it, so anything could happen. Thanks again - Mark