Monday, April 23, 2007

Time Marches On

The clock is ticking and the hours are marching by. I now have less than five weeks until I report to Chaplain Basic Officer Leadership Course (CHBOLC). During the last week and a half, I have taken my oath of office, preached my final sermon (at New Life Church), had a great send-off from friends and church members, and gotten ID cards for my entire family. What a week!!!

This past Sunday, my church presented me with a card and a check to buy my first uniforms with. So today, I was able to purchase a couple of complete ACU uniforms with boots and insignias. I was also able to purchase one set of physical training (PT) gear. I will miss this church family dearly. They have been so good to my family and I. Pictured below is a cake they made for me as well.

On Saturday, I will take my family on a three week vacation through Georgia, Florida, South Carolina (for a Basic Training graduation for our friend JR), and finally into North Carolina before returning home on the 22nd. During the trip, I will be speaking at a couple of churches, visiting my father who is still struggling with cancer, and spend some quality time with my wife and "kidlets" before heading out to Ft. Jackson for twelve weeks.

I appreciate your comments and and your prayers. Feel free to stay in touch. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

No comments: