Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Army Update

Last week while I was in Jamaica, I received my official orders for the Army. Tomorrow night I will take my oath of office at which point I will officially be a 1st Lieutenant with the Army. I am officially over the initial excitement about being accepted and I am now beginning to really contemplate the reality of what the next year and a half holds for my family and I. However, I am looking forward to getting started. To all my fellow chaplains who are beginning this adventure with me, I am praying for you all and I am looking forward to June 3rd when we meet for the first time.

I received word this week that our local Tn. National Guard unit is being deployed in September. My brother in law is one of those soldiers, so we will likely find ourselves together in Iraq. Please remember he and his family as they deal with this sudden news. This will be his second trip to Iraq.

No comments: