Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fish Tales


Yesterday, my ten year old son came running out of breath into the house. He was so excited that he couldn't breath or talk. When he finally calmed down enough to talk, he told us of this huge fish (yea right) that he had caught. Now you have to understand that this boy lives to fish and nothing excites him more than that elusive fish that every fisherman dreams of. Well, he finally caught it. This fish ran nearly ten pounds and twenty inches long. This is one he will remember.

I love seeing my children get excited. Since I have six of them, I get plenty of opportunities. It is hard to believe that in just over a week, I will be leaving them for twelve weeks, and after that will face many other days and nights separated from them as I go to field training with my new unit in Texas. After field training, the 4th ID is scheduled to deploy before the end of the year.

By the way, I found out two days ago that I was assigned to yet another new unit (third in three months). My new unit is the 4th Brigade, 704th Support Battalion. I am not going to hold my breath however, because I will probably see my assignment change again before all is done.
As I begin this journey, I look forward to all the care packages filled with cookies, brownies, and licorice sticks. So, in case your wondering, here is my new address:

U.S. Army Chaplain Center and School
CHOBC Class 07-003
Chaplain (1LT) Mark Olson
10100 Lee Road
Fort Jackson, SC 29207-7090

This will be my last post until after I settle into my new quarters at Ft. Jackson. I appreciate your prayers and emails as I begin this Journey.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Looking forward to seeing you in a few days.

CH Ken

Anonymous said...

Ch Olson look forward to seeing you soon