Saturday, June 2, 2007

I Have Arrived



I arrived today here at Ft. Jackson S.C. after having traveled about seven hours from Tennessee. I began my day today by taking my wife and children out for breakfast. I never realized just how hard it would be to say good bye. I love my family and and being away from them leaves a huge hole in my life.

Pictured above are a few shots of my new home (for the next few moths). It is a two bedroom apartment with kitchen and living room. There is a washer and dryer, four televisions, and internet access. Army life is tough. Tomorrow, another chaplain (William) will be rooming with me for the next four weeks. I don't know anything about him yet, but I am looking forward to meeting him tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning, I will attend church services at the Chaplain School here on base. The Chaplains have a service there each week called "Gen Next". It is a little more contemporary and geared to the younger soldiers. Hopefully I can get a few pictures and post them here for you tomorrow.

I will be updating this blog daily for a while so that you can get a good idea about my life here. Please feel free to leave comments, send and email, or call in the evenings. I look forward to hearing from each of you as the next twelve weeks unfolds.

PS - Don't forget care packages filled with homemade treats (or not homemade).

My address is:

U.S. Army Chaplain Center and School
CHBOLC Class 07-003
Chaplain (1LT) Mark Olson
10100 Lee Road
Fort Jackson, SC 29207-7090

No comments: