Monday, June 4, 2007

Week 1 - Day 2 (Monday)

Day two is in the books. We began the day with formation at 5:30 this morning and arrived back at my room around 8:00 this evening. Tomorrows day will begin with formation at 4:45 in the morning. God is Good! I received a comment from one chaplain's wife today concerning a picture from yesterday that showed the class. She was looking for a picture of her husband in the group. I suspect that there are others doing the same, so I have enclosed a couple more pictures of our class today for those of you looking for your husband or wife.Most of our day today was spent doing exactly what you see above; listening to lecture and doing paperwork. We did however have two study breaks when we went for blood work this morning and then to the uniform store this afternoon.


I was assigned a battle buddy today. His name is Keven. The funny thing is that Keven and I already knew each other. We met about three years ago when a church he was working with brought a group of youth and adults to my church in Dayton Tn. on a mission trip. While in Dayton, Keven was sworn into the Air Force by the same retired Army Colonel that performed my oath of office this year. Keven has now switched over from Air Force to Army, and we will once again serve with each other.

Tomorrow will come early. After reporting at 4:45, I will have the privilege of visiting the dentist at 8:30. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers as I continue this journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled across your blog and thought I comment. I was in your shoes one year ago. One of the best times of my life. Fellowhip with others. Far different than any other training I had in the army before CHOBC. Enjoy and God Bless!