Saturday, June 16, 2007

Week 2 - Day 5

Friday has finally come and gone and two weeks are in the books. We began our day today with our first morning of PT together. I can't begin to tell you how invigorating it is to run two miles in formation in the drizzling rain at 6:00 a.m. All I can say is "God Is Good"!

After an invigorating morning rolling in the grass and running, we returned to the school for a couple hours of touring the building. The chaplain school has a great library and museum as well. It is good to have these resources at hand.

After lunch will finished off our day with a four hour course on life saving techniques used while on the battle field:Kihato here has been treated for a chest wound

Valencia is practicing his life saving techniques on Phipps

After an exciting day of saving lives, my squad (1st Squad, 2nd Platoon), went out for dinner. This is a great group of men whom I'm proud to call friends.

This weekend will be a great time of rest and relaxation as I attempt to heal up my knees, shoulder, elbow, and feet. Yes, I am falling apart. Sunday I will have the opportunity to visit several services here on post. We are required to visit twelve different chapel services which include Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Baptist, and others. I am looking forward to seeing some things that I have never seen before. At 11:00, I will go to mass with my neighbor who is Catholic. That will be a first for me.

Thanks for you prayers and encouragement. I have a new address you can use that will send the mail directly to my apartment. It is:

Chaplain (1Lt.) Mark Olson
3772C Gilmore Ct.
Ft. Jackson, SC. 29206

No comments: