Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Week 1 - Day 3 (Tuesday)

Day three has come and gone and we continue to in process. Today we began early at 4:45 with formation after which we were issued our TA-50 gear which includes our ruck sack, canteens and pouches, belt and suspenders, sleeping bag, helmet, vest, and many other items. Above is pictured Jason modeling his helmet, web belt with canteens, and suspenders. What a soldier.
After getting our gear, I had the privilege of visiting the dentist for a full check up. I will have to go back again tomorrow and have one filling repaired. I am excited!!

Pictured here is my new wardrobe. Before I leave Ft. Jackson, this closet will have many more clothes in and my bank account will have a whole lot less money in it.
I don't know about this guy. He doesn't quit look like a soldier, YET.
Tomorrow starts at 4:15 with formation, and then another exciting day of in processing. We will spend time working on our wills and power of attorneys for those who need them, and we will also spend time getting enrolled into the health care system. I am sure we will enjoy many other exciting opportunities tomorrow as well.

Thanks again for all your prayers.



No comments: