Sunday, June 3, 2007

Week 1 - Day 1 (Monday)

My first day is in the books and things are under way. It is still hard to believe that I am in the Army and that I am a Chaplain. Tonight I got the haircut to go with it, so it must be official.
I began my day with an incredible worship service at the chaplain school. Pictured below is a Lt. Col. who led the service. He is pictured here administering the Lord's Supper to a family. I am going to like this Chaplain. He preached a great message as well.
This picture is of our classroom. There are 133 students in the class now and it will swell to over 170 in four weeks. This is the largest chaplain class ever. Praise God!We were in class today from 3:00 until about 6:00. Today was basic orientation, paperwork, and learning about formations. Tomorrow we will start our day at 5:30. It is 11:15 now so I will call it a night. Thanks for your prayers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I look forward to reading your blog while you are there. My husband is there (I believe I spotted him in your picture, but it's hard to tell.). His name is Chris Harmon, and we're from the same neck of the woods (Harriman, TN). I'll be praying for your family as you are away, as well as for you and all of the Chaplains and Chaplain Candidates.

~~Rachel
www.nothinggold.net

Anonymous said...

That looks like CH (Maj) Crisp in the second photo. Did he get promoted? Or am I looking at the wrong guy?

Anonymous said...

mark we are glad that you like the army, but we miss you here, samson says hi and he is praying for you and so are we. hope that you will keep in touch. take care.


linda john tobby samson and jeremy

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I take that last comment back... maybe it's not CH Crisp. Hard to tell.

Chaplain Mark Olson said...

Amy, that is indeed Chaplain (Maj) Crisp. He is a great chaplain and I know I am going to enjoy him these next twelve weeks. Thanks for the comments!

Chaplain Mark Olson said...

Rachel, thanks for the comment and your prayers. I have met your husband and I am looking forward to getting to know him more. I will be praying for you as well as you tend the home fires. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Mark, You're right, CH Crisp is great. He was my SGL. Tell him I said hi!