Monday, June 11, 2007

Week 2 - Day 1 (Monday)

Week two has started with a bang. We assembled this morning for formation at 6:20 with all of our battle gear on and then marched about two miles to a "Team Building Course". I wish every day could be this fun!Chaplain Nagy on the road march

First and second squads of 2nd Platoon

Yours truly

Our team is moving this barrel across the Euphrates River using only a few boards and some bridge pilings that were not blown up

2nd Platoon preparing to move a wounded dummy (soldier) across an obstacle

Learning to cross a ravine on a cable

Chaplain Austin performing an after action report

Sgt. Lopez saying "This is a Humvee"

I'm Loving It!!! Hooooah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,

I finally have a chance to peruse your blog! It looks great!

You make everyone else in second platoon look like midgets! Was your platoon on a slight downgrade, or is everyone really that much shorter than you?!

I'm now in TX and am looking into your recommendation to start my own blog. I'll let you know the address when I get it up and running. Do you still have your volstate email?

Take care.
Will