Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Week 4 - Days 1 and 2 (Monday Tuesday)

The first phase of CHOBLC is almost over and we are finishing up with a "thunk". In other words, we are landing hard. This week began our first "real" PT with a very hard run on Monday and a full body workout today. I thought I was in decent shape, but now I feel 40. This week also began the official "Death By PowerPoint" phase. For those of you who are not familiar with PowerPoint, it is basically the same as the old fashioned overhead projectors, but works off of a computer. Imagine with me hour after hour of sitting in a classroom staring at the screen after having given all your energy during morning PT. As you can imagine, it is hard to stay awake. So pictured below is the official CHOBLC survival kit.
The kit includes coffee (to beat morning hypnosis), water (to wash down the way to strong coffee), and Mountain Dew (to keep the eyes propped open after lunch). And of course, no good chaplain goes anywhere without his/her notebook.

My mom supplemented my brown bag lunches by sending this awesome care package this weekend. Thanks so much mom! I knew I could count on you to come through. Not to be trumped however, my aunt and uncle made a second contribution to the "Save The Starving Chaplain" fund today with another great care package. Thanks so much. I love you all!

Well, on another note, I called Ft. Hood today to check on my assignment and discovered that I was reassigned yet one more time. But this is great news because I have be assigned once again to the 3rd battalion, 4th Aviation Regiment. If I had to choose one unit out of the entire 4th ID, this would be it. I was told as well, that this would be my final assignment.
Please keep my family in prayer as we prepare to move our entire platoon of children out to Ft. Hood. Pray that the Lord would prepare our hearts for the soldiers we will be ministering to and that God would open up the doors to a home on base large enough for our family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is so good to read up on what has been going on in your life. crazy that you were sitting all cozy in harmony house and now your out trooping about, doing something great.
hope all is well with moving the family out. keep safe!

Chaplain Mark Olson said...

Jami - It is so good to hear from you. It is crazy to think that God has brought me to this crazy place at this point in my life, but God is so good. Thanks for the note.